December 3, 2011

Birthday wishes & 2012 Resolutions

Today I became a year older. I can honestly say that I am a year wiser as well.

It's been a year of introspection, self-discovery, and better understanding of who I have been, who I am and who I want to become. There's been a lot of emotional maturity, intellectual development and mental readjustment. All this change is just the beginning though. My birthday wish this year is that I can push myself a bit harder to move ahead quite a bit further. I'm hoping for good health, lots of wealth and a little bit of lady luck in all endeavors.

I'm using this last month of 2011 to wrap up loose ends so that I can start fresh in 2012. And to go with that fresh start is an ever-evolving list of Resolutions.

Making the Most of 2012
1. Put myself first. I have a hard time with this. Turns out I put everyone else ahead of me. Something I never consciously realized earlier. It's time to stop that and start paying attention to ME!


2. Personal goal. This one's very important, just not something I care to discuss on a public forum. I'm already working hard at it, and hopefully I'll be able to report my success sometime early next year (April-ish).


3. Lose 30lbs over the year. I've blogged before about this. It's partially a vanity thing. Mostly a health thing. It's time I got really serious about it. Pity this doesn't involve having my cake and eating it as well.


4. Go to India. This is as a reward for achieving success with Resolution #2. Since I haven't been to India since 2004, I can assure you, I am working especially hard on #2.


5. Clinical Rotations. Preferably in Chicago. It's the city I love. Clinicals are the best way for me to learn. So it'll be a win-win.


6. Explore my new city. Explore it thoroughly & exhaustively. I want to enjoy everything any city has to offer. There's a lot of history and culture in every place you go and I intend to make the most of my time wherever I end up.


7. Scrapbooking. I've got more WIP ideas than actual scrapbooks. Those ideas need to be translated into physical scrapbooks pronto!


8. Read. At least 4 books over the year (a book a season?) If I can push myself, 12 books. And by books I mean pleasure reads. Just for me, no expectations attached kind of reading.


9. Learn a new skill. Anything! No limitations. Just expand on my capabilities by learning something new.


10. Blog more often. At least 2-3 times a month.


11. 365 photo challenge. A photo a day - clicked, post-processed & posted. The posting might not happen on a daily basis, but I shall try.


12. Cross off 1 item from Bucket List. At least one. If I can accomplish more from my bucket list, that's even better. Additions to the Bucket List are also welcome.


13. Accomplish all goals on Resolutions List. That'll be a first!


Resolutions 6-12 are in no particular order of priority. I won't be dropping a single resolution from the list. The challenge is to accomplish them all. I may add. I may tweak. I don't intend to remove any.

Resolution #10 should work out just fine as I intend to update on the progress of my resolutions throughout the year. Resolutions #1, 2 & 3 are going to be the hardest.

Wish me luck! I'd love company through this process. If you're blogging about your resolutions for 2012, or would like to provide feedback and encouragement through comments, I'd love it!

*fingers crossed* Let's do this 2012!