June 11, 2013

Revlon Lip Butter Review - Loving it!

I blame MissBudgetBeauty (in the best of ways) for the following:

revlon, lip butter, lipstick, makeup, beauty, lip color, moisturizing, sale

revlon, lip butter, lipstick, makeup, beauty, lip color, moisturizing, sale


Also, I lucked out on a killer sale at CVS a couple of weeks back. Don't know why the Revlon Lip Butters were marked down by 75%, but I'm not one to question a good deal.

Yes, I'm late to the party. I haven't been a big lipstick person. I've always preferred lip glosses, but the latest trend of sticky lip glosses has had me searching for alternatives.

At $2.12 I said why the heck not to the Revlon Lip Butters. These had received good reviews from people I trust and I'd been wanting to try one out for some time. Well one became eight because I couldn't decide on a color. Oodles of swatches online, including a mega swatch here.

In current rotation are Peach Parfait and Sugar Plum. I stuck to my safe palette and am already regretting I didn't include something more daring like Lollipop.

revlon, lip butter, lipstick, makeup, beauty, lip color, moisturizing, sale

I like that it goes on smooth and starts off a bit sheer, playing up my natural color. 1-2 coats is almost like a stain, but they are buildable so you can get really good pigmentation. I've stayed away from lipsticks because they tend to be drying or wear off really fast, but I haven't had either of those problems with the Lip Butters. In fact, if anything, they have worked like a balm on my lips, leaving me softer even on days I don't use them.

The only negative I have for this is the tube design. The base to cap ratio is 10% to 90% and that makes getting the cap off a little tricky. After the first couple of times you get the hang of it and the cap pops off easy (and clicks back into place securely). But the design might have been better balanced at 25% to 75%. Anyway, it's a minor thing, considering the actual product is really good.

If $8 works for you, or you find Lip Butters on sale, I'd say definitely snag one (2, 3, 4...).

Thank you Mikhila!