April 5, 2013

Not Your Mother's Hair...

...except that the whole teased, textured style was definite in through the 80s and early 90s. Looks like bigger is better, again. Good thing my hair is naturally frizzy ;)

Influenster sent me a SweetHeart VoxBox (so sweet!) and in it was a Not Your Mother's product. I'm not big on putting too many chemicals and such in my hair, so it was nice to see something where the first couple of ingredients are pronounceable everyday things.

not your mother's hair, beach babe, hair spray, texturizing spray, hair care, nym, voxbox, influenster, dead sea salt, sea kelp
Courtesy soap.com

I didn't know what to expect. I was worried the salt would dry out my hair. I've used it a few times now (not daily), and can happily report no drying of hair. I have naturally curly hair so the waves don't actually show. BUT this is the first product that has left my hair frizz-free all day and hasn't made it CRUNCHY! Phew! So, instead, I have pretty, soft curls that I can actually leave open (more like half-pin since I'm not used to having my hair down haha).

curly hair, waves, curls, soft curls, hair care
sorry for the out-of-focusness
At only $5 at walmart, I would definitely repurchase this. HUGE thanks to Influenster for bringing this brand to my attention. Even at the trial size, there's a lot of product (oh yeah, you don't need to spray a whole lot for it to work), so I get to try it for a good amount instead of just once like when you get samples from other places. Sweet deal!

not your mother's hair, beach babe, hair spray, texturizing spray, hair care, nym, voxbox, influenster, dead sea salt, sea kelp
a bit leaked in the box, but still plenty to use and try out

Side note: The brand is huge. They've got a vast variety of products, something for all hair types and needs. At $5 I think they're definitely worth checking out.


"I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes."