March 3, 2013

Sweetheart VoxBox Pre-Review

'Free' is one of my favorite words, and Influenster delivers. Influenster gives me a chance to "try the latest and coolest products catered towards [my] lifestyle", in exchange for giving reviews and getting other people to take notice of these products. Sounds fair to me.

When I got the email that I'd been selected to receive a VoxBox (finally!!!) I literally squeed.






Waiting for my box to come in was agony. A white box was sitting on my porch on Feb 26. At first I thought it was something for my dad, but then I picked it up and saw a pink heart sticker.

sweetheart, voxbox, influenster, surprise, free

Look at all the goodies I got inside. 

voxbox, influenster, sweetheart, skinny girl, olay, secret, deodorant, not your mother's, beach babe, snack bar, healthy, hair care, free

The Secret Clinical Strength deodorant is timely, since I'm about to run out. At 1.6oz, it's one of their regular sizes (not the bitty, travel size). I will use and review soon-ish, so watch this space for a link to the review.

I'm a little iffy about the Not Your Mother's 'beach babe' spray. My hair is naturally curly and dry, plus this weather is killing my scalp health, so I'm not sure how smart it will be to put salty water in. I know getting in the ocean water hasn't been good, and I'm assuming the spray will react the same. Anyone have any feedback? If you've used this/something like it, let me know. Now that my hair has finally grown out to all natural (I had chemically relaxed it), I'll give it a go in the spring season and review.

Unfortunately, this bottle leaked a bit into my box. See:


Fortunately, it seems to have stopped leaking, so I'll have enough to actually try out.

I'm REALLY looking forward to trying out the Olay Fresh Effects Va-Va-Vivid cleansing system, but anything that helps exfoliate and cleanse my face is awesome. Especially in this crappy, drying winter. Is it spring yet? I haven't actually gotten around to using it, so hopefully that'll happen some time this week. *fingers crossed*

Aaand lastly, I was excited to get a Skinny Girl On-The-Go bar, because I like the concept of the brand and I've liked what little of Bethenny I've seen on TV. I've tried it. Let's just say, it's a healthy bar. I'll post a full review soon.

Right, well. That was my box. Free stuff, all basically full size. For the record, here's the disclaimer: "I've received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes." Which is basically what I said in the beginning, but I don't want to end up in trouble, so there you have it.

If you're active online and will recommend products if you like them, you should definitely request an Influenster membership (only open in North America). Have questions? I may have answers. Or I'll be able to point you in the right direction at the very least. 

Ta!