February 28, 2013

The Best Books!

Books specifically. Here's a list of books I grew up reading and think every kid should read.

1. The Giver
2. Number the Stars
3. The Phantom Tollbooth
4. The BFG
5. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
6. The Boxcar Children (series)
7. Little Women
8. Eight Cousins
9. Rose in Bloom (sequel to Eight Cousins)
10. A Little Princess
11. Hatchet
12. Constance
14. A Wrinkle in Time
15. Fahrenheit 451
16. Mountains Beyond Mountains
17. Charlotte's Web

The top three are, in fact, my absolute favorite. The rest is a non-preferential ordering.

It shocks me when I come across people - not just kids - who haven't even heard of some of these books, let alone read them.

I plan to re-read my way through this list (barring the Boxcar Children books) and post reviews, so watch out for updates every now and then.

What are your favorite books? Do you have any "staple" childhood books that you would have your kids read?

eta: post title is changed because I'll be putting up another post with the same title and don't want to create confusion.