January 11, 2012

2012 Progress Report #1

The first eleven days of 2012 have been busy but uneventful. Somehow, the beginning of the year is always a time for new patterns and routines. Here's to positive changes and developing good habits.

Resolution 1 is a work in progress (WIP). It's a long-term project in the whole self-improvement journey.

Resolutions 2 & 3 are also in the WIP category. (And of course, Resolution 13.)

Resolutions 4, 5, 6, 7, 9 & 12 are shelved to a later point in this year. They're all time-sensitive and/or time-permitting activities and there's just no room for them in January.

Resolution 8 is WIP-ish. I've got two pleasure reads sitting on my bedside table. Now it's a matter of finding some down time, picking one of them up and just reading. 4-12 books ... Let's see which end of the spectrum I land in by December 31, 2012. Any suggestions folks? I love fantasy, mystery, Arthurian era fiction, etc. Would love recommendations.

Resolution 10 is clearly WIP as well. This being my first post of the year, there is hope yet. I've already written & scheduled the second post and have an idea for the third that's rolling around in my mind and nagging to be started. And again, suggestions are welcome. Sometimes I want to write, but can't think of anything to write about.

Resolution 11 is coming along quite well. I'm happy to report that I've only had two slip ups in terms of posting time (something I fully anticipated and kind of accepted in my disclaimer post). I have, however, kept up with taking a picture a day and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it'll stay that way through the next 355 days. Oh yeah! So check out my PhotoBlog and leave some love!

I've also been a very good girl and made my list of mini-goals for January. I hope this, and a few other tools, will keep me on track and help me achieve everything I want to in 2012.

How's your 2012 going so far germs & gems?