November 29, 2010

Downsizing Day 9 ... my waist size, that is.

Exhausted, in a good way. As much as I hate it, Plyometrics is a great workout. I sweat the most on Plyo and Kenpo days.

I took my inhaler before starting the workout today, and boy am I glad I did.

My right hip continued to be a problem today, limiting me in range of motion on some of the exercises. My knees are also flaring up again, making squats a literal pain. These are the same problems I had back in the TKD days - ironically, I believe these problems developed because of TKD. The aggressive demands on these joints has led them to be worn down and out (not that any of the x-rays and MRIs support my understanding...my poor docs can't figure me out). I know there are people reading this blog (google stats tells me so), so if any of you have any suggestions as to what I can do to make it less painful as I try to maximize my range of motion, I would really appreciate it.

For now, I'm sticking to the low impact variations that Pam from the video demonstrates. Definitely helps keep the pain at bay, but I'd love to get more depth in my squats and lunges to max the muscle workout.

ps - I think I see a slightly slimmer face - the chin being one of the first places to show weight loss/gain. fingers crossed! I hope to have more visible results by the time I get home in 3 weeks (that'll be a month after having started p90x).