November 22, 2010

Downsizing Day 2 ... my waist size, that is.

Holy flippin' shit! Day 2 is not for the faint of heart...literally. If you're an asthmatic, take a couple of pumps of your inhaler before you start this one!

Ah! This one was hard! I mean muscle-burning, sweat-inducing, lung-working hard. It's all about jumping and squatting and lunging. My leg muscles haven't been worked this hard since Tae Kwon Do. In fact, after this workout, I know I can't even consider going back to Tae Kwon Do any time soon ... my muscles have gone soft and don't remember or appreciate the movements Day 2 of P90X (Pylometrics) demands of them.

Today had me doubting if I can go on at all with P90X. Fortunately I have a few big incentives in my head (health and better body included) that I really want to achieve, so I'm going to push myself to keep at it. But man did today have my questioning if I could ever get to the level that the people in the video are at. I want to see how much I can better myself. I'm just wondering where that's going to come from. Wooh!

Keep a towel, your inhaler and a bottle of water at the ready for this one; Day 2 is TOUGH!

I gave it as much as I could, but busted knees/hips and muscles that had forgotten these moves had me at a slower and shallower pace. I gave up a few times in between, just doing a slow jog to fill up the space while I cursed at the trainer. I just had to keep reminding myself that this was my first day with Pylometrics and the trainer's bazillionth. It's okay not to be nearly as good as the people in the video, you just have to keep trying and keep working.

Now, please excuse me. I need a hose and a trough. Or maybe I'll just fall into the trough.